Monday, October 24, 2011

Emotions

Self-Loathing:
I'll admit it: I need saving. I don't know if it's from the Lord type of saving, but more of the saving from the dark, carnivorous thoughts that gnaw on my soul, bit by precious bit only to spit it out because its too unsavory to swallow. I feel defective and I wish I could claw my skin off with nails infested with disease, yellowed from tar. Then sew it back on so my outer appearance reflects how ugly I feel inside.

Misery:
Lots of huffing and even more sighing. I stare down in my empty tankard-even my drink doesn't want to stick around. I haven't even got a shilling to my name, but I ask the bartender to pour another. He declines. I've already had too much of the stuff, but there's tons of room for more.

Ambivalence:
Shrugging. Stuck. Unmoving and hoping to God that this inertia doesn't last too long. I don't have the force--the fortitude--to act. And can't time just tick, tick, tick, faster so my choices are inconsequential? Everything is beuno, everything is tres mal. It's most definitely the worst of times.

Perseverance:
Just outside of my window I can see the sunrise; if I try a little harder I can hear the birds sings as they help the sun usher in a new day. It's just a matter getting up. Out of bed. 5 more minutes. All I can take is five more minutes.

Love:
TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment