Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gifts of the Poetic Nature

Yesterday, I was reading some poetry aloud with my sister in the room. She tempted me with three topics: depression (huh?), Joyful, and Wildlife.





~Palm Leaves~
I prefer lush, green grass wet from sprinklers.
Maybe even high grade AstroTurf
to avoid worms
and bugs
and dirt

because I'd like to stay clean.

I don't care for the Sahara or tall stalks of
bleached yellow weeds were lions
roam and zebras prance and
hippopotamus
submerge themselves

underwater kind of like how I do
when I'm being wild
and living my life.

And wearing shades so that
the hot sun doesn't burn me.


Sweet Sweet Poetry
~Joyful~
I used to know joy quite well
we were like
this.
lately,
we've been
like this;
it isn't the same, and
I've missed
it.
Joy that is.
I've missed its warmth and its embraced
and rejoicing.


~Stationary~
I was sitting. And I sat and I didn't move.

And that was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment