Monday, January 20, 2014

Look you guys! I did an interview!

So I have an amazing, amazing friend by the name SAK (and yes we do have the same initials rearranged and so obviously we're meant to be friends forever) who is doing amazing things with her life and bringing amazement to all those around her. Namely and to the purpose of this post, she is on a journey to showcase "black girls around the world" by giving people on the internet a chance to see what life is like in the African diaspora via the perspective of well, black girls (c'est moi).

Life is beautiful and flawed. It gives me great joy and great pain. I'm smiling right now while thinking about my life even though I'm troubled at the same time (because duh I'm complex). I could go all day long about my feelings, but I will settle with a quote:

I didn't find any that I liked. Life is like that sometimes.

But on to the interview.  You can find it here at her website: ablackgirlintheworld.

The questions include:
  1. What made you move to where you are today? Job? School? Adventure?
  2.  How did you prepare for the move? How did you find housing? Did you need to learn a new language? Etc.?
  3. Whats the most difficult thing about being a black woman where you are? Blatant racism? no black community? No hair stylist?!
  4. On the flip side, what do you LOVE about where you live?
  5. How have your friends and family reacted to you moving abroad?
  6. Whats next for you? Plans to move back home? More living abroad?   

Happy readings!

No comments:

Post a Comment