Sunday, April 1, 2012

Reasons Why I Left FB & Why I'm Likely Never to Return

Greetings.
In no particular order, a list of grievances:
  •  Apps like "Girls Around Me." And every other app ever.
  • The fact that my privacy controls often reset themselves. Magic and shit.
  • Too many updates and I just don't care to acclimate myself.
  • The "People You May Know" feature. I do know them and I also really dislike them too.
  • That people I haven't personally contacted in X years, have access to my on goings.
  • Petty: FB deleted some my of interests. (Listen here, I decide when I stop liking something.)
  • The need for validation FB creates. (Oh pleaze like this status. And this picture. And this trip I went to. etc.)
  • The obsession and mindlessness of FB culture. (let's all casually stalk people when the moment stikes & when it doesn't too.)
  • That may account goes back 6 years. (I don't even care what I was doing when I was eighteen)
  • "Employers" aka nosy sons of bitches want to see "the real me." (yeah rite, get the fuck out of here)
  • That ridiculous movie. I don't care if it made a million, kajillion dollar dollar dollar bills. It's stupid.
  • Cyber bullying. It's endemic and it's disgusting. Let's make a pact to stop.
  • Data sharing. I was totally okay until they told everyone that I like getting ______ by _____ with ______.
  • Some people are just fucking idiots and don't know how to act. I can't handle that.
  • Gossip-y bullshit: use email you tactless bitch.
  • Having to delete people when friendships go awry (You know who you are. :D  )
  • Not deleting people when friendships go awry. (errr...that comment I made? Oops.)
  • Relationship drama. Friendship drama. Parental drama.
  • Super wack advertisement. omG, I just went on Macy's and volia and ad for Macy's. This shits on point. So kewl.
  • Because I wanted to and I can do whatever I want.
Reasons I'll come back: Because I love my profile pictures? The holidays.


Very soon I intend to permanently delete my FB. And I mean by hand. Like delete all my friends and as many posts that I can. I'm so fed up with that site. It's pathetic. ETA: I posted this on my FB page which I reactivated for April Fools Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment